Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Texting

Hey all! 

First of all, big news: the Russia Samara Mission is officially a TEXTING mission! Ahhhhh! OMGeeeeee! 
Haha. It's really not THAT big of a deal. It's pretty restricted texting. But still! 
Second of all: we had a baptism this week! It wasn't an investigator, but al little girl in our ward was baptized this past Saturday and it was the cooolest experience. Elder Malloy, one of the New City elders, baptized her and bore a really sweet testimony afterwards. She was crying and smiling and would NOT let go of him afterward. It was adorable.
OH! And tell Sis. Spencer "hello!" Lucenia told me that she said "Privet" while we were at the baptism. I guess she saw some pictures on facebook. Small world!

Also, Mom, you asked how missionary work is changing with the big influx of missionaries. WELL, I heard from one of the assistants that there will be about 100,000 missionaries in the field next year. 100,000! That's DOUBLE what it is right now. I don't know how accurate that is, but it sounds about right. As far as Samara, our missionary compliment will be raised from 69 missionaries to 76, which means that more companionships will be serving in already existing areas. They might have to open a few more areas for the sisters, but some of the areas aren't large enough to do that as of right now, so we'll see what happens. President also said that missionary work will begin focusing more on branch work-family history, less actives, that kind of thing, which is really exciting.

Also, also, I'll be in Samara this week for my first visa trip, which means I'll be able to pick up mail from the office (hopefully). I'd really, REALLY like to hear from you guys (Lark, Macs, Dad, Ben, Taylor), so if you want to sign onto Dearelder and write something, I'll be able to pick it up this Friday. SO, DO IT! It's been forever! If I don't hear from you before the end of the year, I can't make any promises about coming home after my mission, mmkay?

I think that's about it. I'm sorry this is so formal/boring this week, but my time is running out. We saw a bunch of blood in our elevator and syringes in the staircase on Wednesday morning if that counts for anything! haha. That's not funny. I'm sorry. I'll write more in my big letter home this week. And Mom, I PROMISE I will record every detail of Christmas is Russia.

I love you all. Be good! Keep reading and praying and diong the small things. I promise you they count in the long (and short) run. Thank you for all your prayers :)


Until next week,

Sister Sine.

No comments:

Post a Comment