Tuesday, September 9, 2014

MTC week 10

Hey, hey, hey!

This week is the biggest blur. It feels like all the other weeks, except more stressful. The "this is our last...." sentences have started. Only 5 more days. It's absolutely crazy. I don't think it'll hit me until we're IN Moscow. I can't wait to see it and feel it and smell it and touch it. I have no idea how I'm going to adjust to it, though. I know I've lived on my own before, but living with a companion in Samara, Russia's a beast of a different color. Is that even a phrase? I don't know anything anymore. Russian's really starting to mess me up. The other day I said, "At me there is a question." 

ANYWHO! I saw James Pacheco this week! I was walking out of our building and heard, "Sister SIIIIIIiiiiiiiiine!" I didn't even recognize him for a few seconds. I was SO shocked. I knew he was at the MTC, but I never thought I'd see him since there are over 300 Spanish teachers here. We talked about the fam, about Isaac, about Nate (who is going to be a FATHER? WHAT?). It was so nice to see him. It felt like my mission was real after that. Haha. I don't know why. 

There ARE a few highlights from the week. Last night we had a devotional from a member of the Seventy. I don't remember his name. Christofell something... Anyway, we sang Lead, Kindly Light as a choir for the opening number and the whole time I just kept picturing Russia. I almost started tearing up a little bit. I just got this overwhelming feeling of helplessness, but in a good way. Does that make sense? I know I'll be needing a lot of help in the months to come, a lot of which will only be able to come from Heavenly Father. This week's been filled with a lot of awesome lessons on focusing and obedience and how exactly to do missionary work. I'm starting to feel a little nervous, but I know it'll be aight. The other night, my roommates were talking about how exactly they'd be freaking out this upcoming week. Apparently I can expect a massive panic attack from Sister Moffatt this week. All I could say was, "I mean, I might, maybe cry? A little bit? To myself?" Sometimes I feel like the anti-girl.

Our district has started a prank war during meals. The other day I sat down and took a drink of my water and almost gagged it all up because SOMEone had put a bunch of salt in it. Since then, we've become merciless. Bagels, cereal, milk, water, salads, ice cream...nothing's safe anymore. Elder Bickley continues to scare me every chance he gets, which drives me nuts. I've become so paranoid, to the point where I can NOT stand with someone behind me. I'm ridiculous. BUT, I have a plan to get him back. I hope he likes salt as much as our district does.

Also! Good news! There are now TWO STAKES IN RUSSIA. Elder Nelson spoke on Sunday about how much work he's been doing in Russia lately, and he just set up the second of the two. All the teachers in the Russian missions think that Samara's next. They're sooo close. And that means a temple's super close too. I can't wait. I want that country to have a temple so badly. I've learned so much from the temple these past 10 weeks; I want everyone to have that. This morning we had our last session as a district in the Provo temple. It was pretty sad. I mean, it would've been if I didn't keep falling asleep. We all sat in the Celestial room together and all I could think about was how much Russia needs a temple.

Now for the cool stuff-we got our travel plans this week! I'll be leaving Monday morning. We leave from Salt Lake around 8:30 am, I think, then fly to JFK, then to Moscow, then to a place called Smarack. I don't know when I'll have time to call. Our layover at JFK is only 50 minutes long, and I don't know if we'll have time to call before we board in Salt Lake. I'll take a look at the travel plans and get back to you. If you don't hear anything, just expect me to call you in the morning. Also, do you want me to call the home phone or your cell phone? You might have to dearelder me the details. Quick!


Anywho, I love you all! I miss you all so much. I can't wait to talk to you on Monday. The next letter will be from Russia!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment