Tuesday, September 9, 2014

MTC Week 5

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PACKAGE! It was perfect. My companion says "thank you" for the bread, as does the rest of my district. They all loved it. Thanks, Mama Bear. You're the best!
 
I have so many random stories, but no time to organize them, so this letter will be completely random. Try and keep up.
 
I did sealings for the first time today! Woohoo. Missionaries aren't allowed to do couple sealings, so my companion and I acted as daughters. It was so cool. It really made me see her, and our whole goal as missionaries, in a different light. The temple's becoming one of my favorite parts of the week. ALSO one of my favorite parts of the week is Saturday nights. The Russian missionaries all get together and sing hymns in Russian after classes on Saturdays. This past Saturday, we sang "Nearer, My God To Thee." It was soooo powerful. Singing it in Russian with all the people who've been called to serve there and bring people "nearer to God" was an awesome experience. I was pretty close to crying the entire time. There were actually a few Polynesian sisters next to us who were balling even though they couldn't understand it. Oh, and Elder Astle cried. 
 
On sunday night, we watched Legacy as a district in the gym with a bunch of other missioanries. It was the most pathetic thing. It's not even that great of a movie, but since we've been so starved for entertainment, it was like the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've never been more excited to see a kissing scene in my life. haha. It was bad...
 
Oh, and more on Elder Astle, he's taken to trying to make me laugh during the prayer. Every time we pray, he makes these faces the whole time that crack me up. Even when I don't open my eyes, I KNOW he's making faces, and I start laughing. The other night it took me like 2 minutes to compose myself before I had to pray in Russian. the whole district started laughing, then our teacher. It was great. I love my district. I know I say that all the time, but I do. I hate knowing that we all have to say goodbye in 2 months. Holy jeez, 2 months. It's gone by so fast. I'll be 23 in 1 month! What the what!
 
The biggest development, though, is that we now have a FRIDGE in our room. We've had it since our first day here, but we never plugged it in. We finally did this past week, and its' changed our lives. It's the most beautiful thing. We store soda and milk and...milk...in it. It's perfect.
 
We had a really great lesson this past week on teaching people how to pray. It was a really powerful lesson, partially because it came 2 minutes after we taught one of our investigators how to pray (or tried to). I'd never thought about having to teach someone how to talk to their Heavenly Father. It's crazy. He's trusted us to teach his children how to have a relationship with him. Anyways, it was a really great lesson. And it completely changed my outlook on prayer as a whole. So, my challenge to you this week (all of the Sines/readers who are reading this) is to think about how you would teach someone how to pray. How would you tell them to do it. I promise it'll make you think about prayer differently.
 

 
Anyways, I'm out of time. I love you all. I pray for you all the time, especially about the move. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm glad everything's working out, though. I'll keep praying and keep you guys in my thoughts. I love you all!
 
 
Also, Russian lesson for the week: the word for "focus" is "sos-red-uh-TAH-chee-vie-uh-tee-yec" Say it ten time fast :)
 
 
-Sister Sine.

No comments:

Post a Comment